Ouch!
You all know how sweet and compassionate my beautiful boys are. Neither can stand to see the other cry alone, so they typically cry together. Well, Sweety had his 1 year check-up on Mon., and when it came time for shots, the nurse walked in and went, “Oh no! It’s the sensitive brothers!” And true to form, we had one sad, crying fest after the offending shots were administered. I couldn’t help but laugh through it all.
I’m not complaining though. I have a friend with two girls that are about the same ages as my boys are. They can’t keep their daughters from biting and pinching and beating on each other. I would never want to trade for that. I’ll take my empathetic little guys any day over that.
Other than the shots I don’t have much to report. He’s only grown an inch or so since 9 months, but his weight has flat-lined. The crazy thing is that his head continues to grow; it’s in the 90th percentile for heaven’s sake! My kids sport the classic orange on a toothpick look. Smarty’s weight and height have always been really low, like 10th percentile-ish, but his head has always stayed in the 95th percentile! Silly guys; it’s their gargantuan brains I’m sure.
Our pediatrician says that if only the weight drops off then the problem usually has something to do with nutrition. She says that when the height drops off, then usually the problem has something to do with hormones. If the height has problems then the weight usually follows. So the fact that Sweety has gained some height can only be good for his weight too!
Here’s hoping.

2 comments:
Were hoping and praying!!! I am glad you don't have the fighting thing too. No fun.
LOL, orange on a toothpick!!! too good.
You know Lyn that is a Reeder trait, BIG HEADS. I to like the "orange on a toothpick". It makes me laugh.
Post a Comment