Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tag, I'm It

Thanks for tagging me Tiff. I hope you don't mind the additional topic. I wanted to hear other's responces. Here ya go.

4 Things I love to do over and over:

1. run away. Running clears my head and re-sets me for motherhood.
2. family bike rides. We live close to a beautiful river-side trail. It's so fun to watch the river and the trees and animals change with the seasons.
3. take my kids to the park. They love swinging, sliding, hanging out, and running around. They also get a kick out of watching other people, their dogs, and the inevitable bread-stealing seagulls. It's a great way to pass an afternoon.
4. visit Treehouse Children's Museum in Ogden, Utah. It's amazing. I highly recommend it. Yes, as a former employee I may be prejudiced, but check it out anyway; it's worth it.

4 People who call/text/email me regularly:
1. my moms, who are my best girlfriends.
2. my sisters-in-law (including Amy). I have the coolest in the world.
3. my brothers. They have always looked out for me.
4. my college roommates and friends from high school. Thanks for keeping in touch y'all.

4 Favorite Foods:
1. Ben's mashed potatoes served with roast. They're absurdly creamy, buttery, and lump-free. He makes the best in the world; no kidding.
2. Whatever my mom-in-law is serving. She's a genius with food.
3. Pork barbacoa from Cafe Rio. (No explanation necessary)
4. Most importantly, pretty much anything I didn't have to cook!

4 Places I'd Rather Be:
1. the Flake Ranch in Aripine, Arizona. A place that is more "home" to me than the home I grew up in.
2. the mountains. (anytime, anywhere) After a month or so of city life, it's crucial to my happiness to 'get outa Dodge.'
3. the 1000 Acre Lodge in North Slamon, Idaho. A quiet little B&B we discovered on our honeymoon.
4. The dream house Ben and I designed together and hope to build some day.

4 Movies I'd Watch Over and Over:
1. Secondhand Lions. Who knew Michael Cane could play a hillbilly?!!
2. The DaVinci Code. Great book + plus great director & actors = fantastic movie.
3. Hairspray. I giggle just thinking about it. Beautifully done.
4. Anything with a score by my hero, John Williams. He picks movies that are remarkable to start with, and his brilliance makes them epic.

4 Musicians I love to listen to:
1. Chris Ledoux. The biographer of Western America.
2. U2. They're unique and yet the widest varieties of people find validation in their music.
3. Kenneth Cope. The man is a rock, but his sensitivity is prevalent.
4. And good 'ole Michael Buble. King of crooners.

4 Times of the year I look forward to:
1. Halloween. This holiday belongs to children. It's so fun to watch even the shy kids' personalities come out when their all dressed up.
2. Spring. I get the worst cabin fever. I love to watch the world wake up again. The rebirth of nature rejuvenates my spirit.
3. The 4th of July. One of the best, and most important birthday parties of the year.
4. Christmastime. We all do.

4 People I'm tagging:
1. Candace Laughead
2. Sarah Hodson
3. Bryant Reeder
4. Allison Duffy

2 comments:

The Hodsons said...

Hey Lyn!! It's good to see you are back to blogging. I have to say that I absolutley love Secondhand Lions too. It is seriously one that Ty and I have watched probably 15 times or so. LOVE IT! Thanks for tagging me and I will get to that sometime soon. Have a good Tuesday. ~Sara~

Allie said...

hey, how did your trip go? How did he do potty training?