Saturday, August 16, 2008

Grandma R's Super-Surprise

Grandma Reeder shares the following story:

I had a super surprise last Tuesday. It was a bright spot on a day of concern. Sweety was dehydrated and had to go to the hospital. I had talked to your mommy and we had decided that it would help if you came to stay with me for a couple of hours. Your mommy and I hung up the phone and I went about my day.

About 3 minutes later the phone rang again. When I answered, I heard a cute voice say, "I coming." I told you how happy I was about that. We talked a little and you were ready to hang up. I said "Good-bye" expecting your mom to come on the phone, but the phone call ended. She told me she had walked in as you were saying good-bye and thought that it really sounded like you had been talking to someone.

So I received the very first phone call that you started. What a precious gift you gave me. Especially because you wanted to let me know you were coming. I love you. (We still don't know what you pushed to call me.)

1 comment:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Knowing Smarty he probably found the number and dialed it himself!