Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ben the Diva

Ok the first thing you have to understand is Ben works graves and sleeps during the day. On Saturday mornings he only sleeps for 3 or 4 hours, so he can spend most of the day with us and go to bed with us that night. (Yeah, he's an awesome guy!) So sometimes Saturdays kick him in the butt.

The other thing you need to know is that Smarty has been having us roll-play various cartoon and movie characters for like the last two weeks. His current favorite for Ben is a French salt shaker with a gravely voice, from Blues Clues named Mr. Salt. Just imagine how tiresome it is to play this character!

So yesterday Ben half woke-up and stumbled out to our lunch table, and Smarty began calling for Mr. Salt. Poor Ben just couldn't face it, so I told him to come up with a character he could handle. He decided Shrek, an ogre, wouldn't be too much of a stretch, but he wanted to run it by me first. So he tried to spell it, but it didn't quite come across:

Ben: I can't handle Mr. Salt today.
Me: Who do you feel like being right now?
Ben: uh.....(big pause while he tries to awaken his brain) How about......... (trying to remember how to spell Shrek) how about:
C.... H..... E.... R.
Me: ?!!!
(totally confused and just generally dumb-founded)

At this point Ben realized he'd made a mistake somewhere, but he couldn't quite figure out where. He was getting farely annoyed that I couldn't figure out what he was saying either. He decided to add a K to the end, which didn't help me much. But it was a good laugh.

So the next time you see Ben, ask him how he's getting along without Sonny, and be sure to request a rendition of your favorite song.

4 comments:

Amy said...

This story is priceless!!! I think I may have to get a lot of mileage out of this one ;)

~tracy~ said...

so do you get to be mrs. pepper and sweetie gets to be baby paprika?

that's too funny! I am going to remember this because I totally want to hear the Mr. Salt voice from Ben. Either that or his Cher impersonation, either one will do, haha.

~tracy~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bonnie the Boss said...

There are tears in my eyes. I want to hear it too. I wll be Sonny if he will be Cher! I might need to practice a little though.