I know I've mentioned before that my sweet little boys, particularly Smarty, are so sensitive it's almost crippling. We rarely have only one child cry at a time. (Notice it's not always anymore. Things have improved!) It's just hard on them to see others be sad. One of Smarty's most important motivational factors is whether or not he will make us happy. So their sensitive; you get it.
Case in point:
The other day we were in the car, waiting in a parking lot, listening to the radio. Completely out of the blue, Smarty began to cry. Uncontrollably. He sobbed and sobbed! I could not make out what caused this pain in my poor little boy.
I got him out of his seat and held in my arms while he cried. After several minutes he calmed down enough to speak. I found out that Smarty was picking up on the mood of the song that was playing! (Evenessence, My Immortal. Which actually is a very sad song) A song made my son cry like his heart had was ripping out of his chest!
On one hand, I'm so grateful to be raising up men that will likely be very compassionate husbands and fathers. On the other hand, I am afraid of what school, and peers, and the world at large will do to my guys. I hope we can find good coping strategies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh poor little guy! But that is a really sad song. Good for them, it's good to be sensitive, and I bet they will be ok when it comes to the world at large.
Wow,I think I need to re-think what I listen to around my kids. I guess I never thought they would really listen to the words?? What a tender spirit! Enjoy his sensitivity!
Post a Comment