I'm just finishing bathing the boys when Smarty slips in the tub and slams into his infected ear. Naturally he's somewhat distraught about this, so I pick him up and hold him while he expresses his feelings. Within a minute or so, Sweety waddles in to see what all the bellowing is about, slips on the wet floor, and smashes the back of his head against the base of the toilet. He is also not a happy camper. So I grab a towel for him too, and lay his head on my leg.After a moment or two of this, with tears still coming, Sweety fights me to be free and exits the bathroom. I figure he can't take all the sadness. But then to my surprise, he returns, still whimpering, with a few beloved toys and plunks them in Smarty's lap. He then gives Smarty a love and strokes his head for a while. So cute!!
My kind boys are such good brothers and an inspiration to me. Sweety, thanks for showing me last night that even at 21 months, a person can still look beyond themselves and care for the needs of those around them. Love you kid!

6 comments:
So cute! love those boys!
awww! i love them!
Lyn!!! Im not sure if you remember me, but I used to be in your ward there in Riverdale. I saw that you had a blog on Facebook, so I decided to check it out! Your boys are adorable and I loved this cute story of them together during bathtime. I hope things are going well for you and your family...take care!
So-o-o-o precious. He is a Sweety, but he has very sweet parents that he has learned from, and a great big brother who is very loving with him. Surrounded with love and compassion, it comes through. Thanks for posting this for a grandma who loves her grandchildren.
how sweet is that!! Your boys are adorable and your teaching them well for the little girls out there...heaven knows they will need some good nice boys!
This is sweet.
Post a Comment