Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Bedroom Is Nearly Finished!

We've been in the middle of finishing our bedroom since Sweety was born, summer 2007. Ben had to re-build the closet and surrounding wall, so our stuff has been scattered all over our cluttered little mobile home, and we've been playing musical rooms and for ages. One major complication we've run into is that I sleep in that room at night, and Ben sleeps in that room during the day. It's been hard to find time for either of us to work in there.

With the deer hunt last week, Ben's sister, Amanda, suggested that this might be the time. She and our sister-in-law, also Amanda, gave up 3 days to help me finish up this project. It was great fun to work on this with these two silly (Woops, did I say silly? I mean wise, and deeply matured) girls. ;)

We spackled, painted, and even put up molding! I'm so indebted to the Amandas. I never would have had the guts, let alone the time, to do it all myself!


The walls are a slightly red-ish beige, almost peach, and the trim is all dark brown. We took the colors strait from the curtains I made. I love it!


Upon Ben's return, he put recessed lighting behind the molding, and installed a dimmer switch. The effect on the antique-white celing is breathtaking.


We just have a few more loose ends to tie up, (paint touch-ups, installing closet doors, etc) and we'll be done! That's 5 rooms done, 3 to go, and our little house will be completely finished.

6 comments:

~tracy~ said...

wow that recessed lighting is so awesome! i love it! good work y'all. and your house has 8 rooms? Wow, i did not know. I am excited for you.

The Hodsons said...

It looks really beautiful! I'm happy you were able to finish your project. I also wanted to say how much of a joy it was to have little sweetie in the nursery today. He was such a good kid...even as he got upset towards the end he somehow has a cry that broke my heart. So cute!

Sue said...

Wow that looks amazing. Good work. It's always nice to have something great in your house that you know you helped build. :)

Bonnie the Boss said...

It does look amazing. I had no idea you guys worked on it for 3 days. I would have come and helped the other days or taken the kids. Do you need any other help?

Tiffany said...

It looks awesome! I love the recessed lights.

Allie said...

that is beautiful! Lets see all the 5 rooms done!!!