Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bliah-blah

I shared a cute story about Smarty yesterday, so here's one about Sweety to even things up. We were recouping together in the Lazy-boy after an intense round of "Oh yes you will take this medicine- there's no way I'm taking this medicine" when Sweety popped up and landed his wet little clamp of a mouth squarely on my nose. Not unheard of I know, but the suddenness of it startled me and I laughed, not a "tee hee hee, that's so cute!" but an honest to goodness belly-laugh. Then it was Sweety's turn to be surprised. Who knew that shock and pleasure could age an 11 month old. He actually had a verbal reply, "Bliah-blah?" My name never sounded better! I repeated the word back, and his eyes said, "Finally! I thought you'd never figure out your name!" More laughter, and then his wide little grin siezed my nose again. The cycle repeated for some time. It was great!

And yes, I know I need to learn how to spell my children's fake names correctly. Hang in there; I'll get it right eventually.

2 comments:

Lala said...

HAHA I am the same way- I find myself typing out the post and then rereading and going shoot- I forgot to add in the nickname instead! Oh well--Your off the hook this time-- But next time... OOOOO watch out! *wink

(and ofcourse I hope you know I'm kidding!) LOL

Bonnie the Boss said...

Don't you just love Erin? She is a small shinig light in my world. I could totally hear your belly laugh. That is one of the things I love most about you.