Sunday, June 3, 2012

Smarty Finishes 1st Grade

A week ago, Smarty attended his last days of First Grade.

A highlight came when he was one of three acts from the First Grade talent show selected to participate in the larger school talent show. Here he is with his two pals who are break dancing and tumbling while he rides his wiggle car around some chairs. They were so cute and Smarty felt like a rock star.



 Smarty's last day of school for the year:


 He and Grandma Reeder had a great time being next-door neighbors this year. I'm so glad they've been able to have that experience. And next year their classrooms will still be nearby. I would love for Sweety to have that experience too, but I would love, even more, to see Grandma Reeder retire!!



Mrs. Thomas was a perfect teacher for Smarty. She was consistent and structured, but also understanding and forgiving. She did a lot to ease Smarty's transition to school all day. This year, there were some tough situations in their classroom, but she was a champ at dealing with the situations, while keeping Smarty and his peers safe. She also did a great job listening to her students concerns and validating them.

Smarty said about Mrs. Thomas, "I like to give her strong hugs, 'cuz I am strong. I am happy and super smart in her class. I like her. I think she loves me. She made me a better reader too."




Smarty also had the chance to get to know Mrs. Ahnder, the school councilor, through some social skills programs he attended. He absolutely loved spending time with her. He said, "I liked Gus and Gussie with her and 7C's. She would do funny things and make me laugh. She made hard things fun too. I felt important to her."

We are so indebted to all the amazing people, in our 'village,' who help our boys grow. We have a fantastic support network in this area. I'm also grateful to our Heavenly Father for blessing us and leading us to the right places at the right times.

No comments: