Thursday, June 21, 2012

Quality Time with Grandma

Mother's Day and Father's Day have become a highlight of each year, for me, because of "Grandma Time." In the weeks preceding both days, my darling mother-in-law somehow manages to carry out individualized present projects with each of her 14 grand-kids.

I cannot imagine the hours required to prep and implement all of these projects, but I am deeply grateful to her for doing it! Taking our kids one-on-one and then sending them back, laden with memories and buttons busting over their fine work, is like double or triple presents. It's almost better than Christmas!

Every year, at the family dinner, I eagerly pour over each trinket my boys present. Then, without fail, I come home wishing I would have been smart enough to capture their creative efforts while they were still in pristine condition! Grrrrr.

But this year, at Father's Day, I mustered enough brain power to do just that. (Here's hoping I will remember better in years to come)

This year, Sweety gave Ben a trowel, packaged with chocolates, with a tag claiming, "Here's the scoop, you're the best dad around!" I absolutely agree.



Smarty cleaned and recovered tin cans, with suede fabric and conchos, to serve as decorative storage bins. So cute!



Thank you, Mom, for being so thoughtful and generous with your time. These outings and presents mean so much to all of us on the receiving end. Love you so!

No comments: