Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sweety's Preschool Graduations


Sweety recently celebrated a milestone by graduating from his preschool groups. It freaks me out! I cannot believe my baby is moving on to regular school!

We started out by celebrating with out little co-op preschool, put on by me and the other moms. In these pics, we are missing our one little girl who moved a short time ago, but here are the fellas:

The other mothers. I am deeply indebted to these women, and those from other years, for taking my boys into their homes to love and teach. They have truly become some of my best friends. I already miss visiting with them each week!

The boys were thrilled to wave flags while they sang, "Three Cheers for the Red, White, and Blue"

Sweety's cheering section (Ben is behind the camera). My boys are lucky to have a great
support structure of family around them.


A few days later, we celebrated Sweety's graduation from Midland preschool. 
 

Sweety's last day of class.

 


They also put on a little performance and ceremony. He was so cute doing his actions and laughing with his neighbor. Is there anything as charming as a children's program?


The entire Midland preschool graduating class:

The much beloved "Shoe Song," which comes from the story, Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes.

While singing about Pete's blue shoes, Sweety realizes he's wearing blue shoes that he loves too! This was such a cute moment to watch!


Here's Sweety receiving his diploma from Teacher Krystine. She's an amazing woman, who put up with endless conversations about trucks and cars, and loved my baby as her own. I pray that Sweety's school years will be filled with teachers as compassionate and accepting as she is.
I asked Sweety what he liked about her, and he basically said, 'I give her big, big hugs. She likes them. She makes me feel important.'

We will also miss Teacher Jodi who changed diapers, cleaned boo-boos and dirty faces, and made sure our Sweety was well cared for and comfortable during his experience. She's just an angel.
When I asked about her, Sweety basically said, 'Jodi tells me to sit down sometimes. I listen. I like that she tells me she loves me. I love her big too.'

Thanks also to Teacher Valissa and Teacher Paula (not shown) who helped advance Sweety's ability to form words and phrases. We are thrilled to watch him progress and grow in this essential area.
Sweety said of Paula, 'I like games with Paula. She made me feel happy. I like Paula. She makes me feel special.'

No comments: