Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Redneck Paradise

Just recently Ben took the boys for a ride in the '67 (background on the truck here). After a while I heard the truck pull up to the front of the house, but they didn't come in. A minute or two later I was alarmed by some howling, so I looked out the window.

Across the street 3 of my neighbors were out on their porch having a smoke. The expressions on their faces ranged from fear, to disgust, to complete amusement. But one thing was clear, they were enthralled by whatever was happening in front of my house.

I was a little panicky while I hauled, you-know-what, to the front door. As soon as I threw it open my eardrum was blasted with steel guitar and there were all three of my boys, hollaring at the top of their lungs, "Hey, good lookin'! Whatcha got cookin'?!" Completely oblivious that they were giving a free concert to the neighborhood.



My poor neighbors. Here's hoping we haven't been completely alienated this time.

1 comment:

Mom B said...

That made me laugh out loud! How hilarious and adorable at the same time. I told Ben he was corrupting his boys the other night as he cranked it up for me in the 67 on the driveway at my house. He said, "isn't it great!" and laughed. I had to agree--it's fun to see them enjoying something together. Smarty had a smile a mile wide. They're also learning to like their music loud--I'm afraid that has been one of my vices, too. Sorry about that--it's my fault.