For the last few months, I've honestly been avoiding the media, because I'm just sick of it all. (that last election and campaign process drug on forever and got ridiculously juvenile) I haven't wanted to hear anymore when I already feel somewhat helpless about the events of the world.
Believe me there are things I want to say, but I'm still searching for the words. These are divisive issues. I have firm opinions, but I want to reach out and build understanding. I dread hurting feelings and isolating others when actually the opposite is my goal. So I'll keep my opinions private while I mull this over, and find the best way to say what I think and feel.In the mean time I will send this thought out:
I saw what happened with our last president and constant attempts to overthrow and destroy confidence in him. So even though I didn't vote for our next president, (I wasn't a McCain fan either) I will do my best to unite myself behind him as much as I can. I'll hang on to the hope that we can come together as a country, actually listen to each other's views, and do something positive together.

3 comments:
Well stated!!! I agree.
Very good. I wasn't a fan of either. In fact, Tyler told me wrote in Mitt Romney. He felt proud he could use his vote to express himself.
Uniting as one and loving our fellowman is the most important. Also, I am glad the election is over. With the Census though, we are still asking people if they voted, so I'm still getting strong opinions whether I want them or not. It's part of my job.
It's your blog, silly. You should be able to say what YOU want and think and if someone is offended by your OPINION then they suck lol.
But seriously, I think blogs are protected under the first amendment. :)
Post a Comment