I forgot to mention this a while back, but the first Sunday after Smarty started wearing undies, we were sitting in sacrament meeting, (a very reverent and often solemn meeting) and Sweety was being such a ham! He was up on the seat giggling and showing off, and no one behind us was paying any attention to the speaker. I felt ridiculously conspicuous!
Some time into Sweety's one-man circus, Smarty notified Ben that he needed to go potty. (I was immediately jealous that Ben was going to get a chance to 'leave the stage' for a minute) As Smarty was still very new to this we tried to shower him with some quiet praise, but apparently that wasn't good enough. As they walked down the aisle, amid scores of muffled giggles and hidden grins, Smarty announced, loudly, to everyone he passed, "I a potty-train!"
Oh my GOSH! I was praying for the earth to swallow us all right up, but I couldn't help but laugh! I don't remember who the speaker was, but I sincerely feel bad-- I'm afraid the Bardwell brothers stole the limelight that day!
This is definitely a story I will be blackmailing them with in a decade or so. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
haha, that is too funny! Smarty and Piper totally need to hang together. My family went to Sizzler right before Christmas and my brother got up to go to the bathroom, Piper (of course) waits til he gets clear across the room and YELLS, "David are you going poop?"
Good times with these guys huh?
That's freaking awesome. That's what is so great about blogs...we can capture all this stuff for future blackmail of the kiddies!
I love that!! YOu will always remember it.
Kids are funny little people! Luke did something similar, although it was during the passing of the sacrament, and he was coming back from going to the bathroom, and he announced proudly, "Mom I went pee!" It was lovely!
I wish we'd had this stuff when all of you were kids. Wow, what us Mom's could come up with. However, I have a great blackmail pic of Tyler. He fell asleep at 3 am on the potty. It's so cute.
Anyway, the church stuff, kids are the only thing that makes the meeting bearable. I'm not good at sitting still that long. I wish I could have enjoyed the one man show. (-:
Post a Comment