Friday, May 22, 2015

Ogden Canyon

School got out today!!!! Woo hoo! The boys and I are extremely excited and eager to commence with summer frivolities. Please join us for our celebratory trip up the canyon:


All of the rain we've enjoyed for the last 6 weeks or so, has brought Pineview's level way up. I think we're only about 6 feet below the high water mark at this point.





We stopped at the Oaks for fries, ice-cream, and the incredible views. 


I love how vivid everything becomes in the rain. Why is that?
It's so beautiful.







 We stopped to check out the lime kiln. I can't remember ever doing that before. 
It was about time, don't you think?

The boys were pretending to shovel coals or something.


Here's the info if you're curious:

Climbing up on top:




Here's the chute where they would drop alternating layers of wood and limestone. We didn't have any wood or limestone on hand, so Sweety dropped some rocks.
A few of them actually made it through the grate.

Smarty stood on top of the kiln and said, "I can see the whole world!"


Here's the school-is-out celebratory dance:

 Apparently, the best way down is the good 'ole denim slide:
 Sweety wanted to capture the fluffy cloud behind the temple spire. He couldn't decide if it was Santa's beard or Olaf the Snowman. What do you think?

2 comments:

Mom B. said...

Wonderful pictures of a great time to celebrate. School is one of those things you start with hope and anticipation, and end with relief and gratitude. So glad you and the boys had a great time. You are such a fantastic mom the way you make memories with them. So glad the reservoir is UP!

Lesley said...

Hi Lynne ! Remember me, Lesley? I found your blog and I am thrilled to find someone else that keeps their blog updated. I have two boys too! William and Van. I live in Arizona right now. Seeing your pictures of Ogden canyon makes me homesick! I'll have to take my boys up there when we visit this summer.