Yesterday, for Family Home Evening, we pulled out our beautiful nativity set and went through the nativity story. I felt like my boys really got it this year! I asked them questions about motivation and they responded well. Let's hope they're truly understanding.
Tonight, we visited Christmas Village in Ogden. This is such a wonderful place. My boys went from house to house, searching for the house holding Santa, but almost always momentarily mesmerized by the scenes inside. It was so cute!
They loved this little boy playing baseball
Finally! We found the house containing Santa. And while Smarty no longer believes in Santa, he enjoys the element of magic all around the idea of Santa. He really enjoyed sharing a minute with this Christmas helper.
Sweety wasn't sure, at first. While waiting his turn, he told me he didn't want to sit on Santa's lap, but as you can see, he quickly got over his concerns.
He told Santa that he wanted a truck. Santa asked him what kind of truck, and he, of course, said he wanted a Ford. Santa was genuinely surprised and pleased (apparently Santa's a Ford man).
Sweety proclaimed this man to be the real Santa. His evidence? This guy has a real beard.
What can I say? I can't argue with that kind of logic.
Later on, Sweety said that Santa's hair was funny. When I asked why, he replied, "His chin hairs tickled my chin hairs." Apparently that's pretty great, because we all had a good laugh over that.
My kids were both half-convinced that these guys were genuine elves, just holding still while we were looking. *giggle*
Shortly after, we went for a Christmas train ride. Thank you RAMP!
Then, we headed home for hot chocolate. Truly a lovely evening.












No comments:
Post a Comment